||Manufacturer #: AS-AX2-8
|List Price: $33,846.00
Archive data for days or for decades with the Nexsan Assureon
Some data is too important to be lost, too private to be seen and too critical to be tampered with. Archive data for days or for decades in a system that is easy to manage and use. And best of all, users do not need to learn anything new, change how they access data or learn any new processes.
Nexsan's advanced archive storage system is ideal for freeing up primary storage, reducing the size and cost of backups, or adhering to governmental or corporate regulatory requirements. It is the perfect fit for any organization that needs to implement:
- Storage optimization
- Regulatory and corporate compliance (Data retention, privacy, and data protection policies)
- Long-term archiving of unstructured data
archive storage systems are specifically designed for storing data which will never change, such as x-rays, MRIs, business contracts, reference materials and photographs that need to be retained securely for decades and which need to be instantly available. As such, Assureon is commonly used to offload primary storage of non-changing data, thereby freeing it up and shrinking the backup burden. The multi-tenant architecture and ultimate AES-256 based security make the Assureon an ideal choice for private and public cloud-based archive projects worldwide.
Assureon archive storage systems are very popular in:
- Financial and healthcare industries
- Federal, state and local government organizations
- Organizations with multiple remote offices
Up to 80% of data on primary storage is unstructured. Due to the nature of unstructured data, it either never changes or changes infrequently. This data can be easily and transparently offloaded by an IT generalist onto a cost-effective Assureon archive storage system without any disruption to ongoing operations.
Regulatory and Corporate Compliance
Assureon exceeds even the strictest regulatory requirements for data integrity, protection, privacy, security, longevity and availability with full audit trails. Additionally, Assureon makes it easy and automatic for organizations to adhere to their internal guidelines for data retention, deletion, privacy, protection and risk mitigation.
Remote and Branch Offices
Place Assureon at corporate headquarters with an Assureon Edge NAS in each remote office, providing NFS and CIFS shares. All data stored on the branch office Assureon Edge is securely transmitted to the Assureon archive storage system at corporate to be archived.
- Free Primary Storage - Files moved to Assureon free up primary storage.
- Reduce Backups - Archived folders can be removed from the backup stream, significantly reducing the size of full backups.
- Fast Restores - Hyper speed restores replace small shortcuts rather than the actual file contents to meet even the toughest Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Less Space Needed - Single-instance storage technology eliminates duplicate files, saving 20-60% on typical mid-sized organization’s Assureon capacity requirements.